This is developed by geiti94 and this article was originally shared on xda-developers, and as mentioned in the title it’s unofficial. Here we share it with a little changes in the article and guide, just to make it a little bit more comprehensive if possible. The links to original article can be found at the end of the article, and for more information than provided here, please go to the XDA forum.
Please use CPU-Z to find out your CPU and Chipset variant.
- DON’T FORGET TO ENABLE “OEM UNLOCK” (located in Setting/Developers Options).
- KNOX will be tripped when you flash custom binaries to your phone.
(Your warranty may be voided. However this may not affect you if your country forces Samsung to provide hardware warranty regardless of software status.)
- Samsung Firmware OTA (aka System Updates) will no longer work once you flashed custom binaries. (You can flash custom ROMs if you want to keep the OS up-to-date.)
- All apps that use KNOX like Samsung pay, Secure Folder, etc may no longer work.
Step by Step Guide:
- Go to Developer settings and enable oem unlock
- Power off the device and boot in download mode with vol up+ vol down buttons and plug in the usb (make sure usb cable is connected to the pc)
- In download mode you see the long press vol up option for unlock bl
- Unlock the bootloader (that will wipe your device so be sure you made a backup of your data)
- After bootloader is unlocked, boot up the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or it triggers rmm prenormal
- Setup the phone without Google account etc
- Reboot into “Download Mode” and flash TWRP tar into your device with Odin in the AP field.
- Hold “vol up + power” button while Odin is flashing until you are in TWRP.
- Format data in TWRP and disable encryption! (Encryption disabler is in download folder!)
- Flash Latest Magisk
- Reboot system in TWRP.
Note 20/Note 20 Ultra(Exynos variants)
Developer Note: Device Tree; Sorry kangers is not under GPL License since are my own so they will not get released
-MTP and Encryption (ADB PUSH WORKS when you disable mtp in TWRP mount settings!)
Link to Original Article, upon any question please go to this link: